Thursday, November 30, 2006

Random Rants & Ramblings

Its been a while since I did a list of random rantings, so here it goes:

- Is it a bad thing when the man driving a hearse waves hello to you? I was walking to work Monday morning, and as I was passing the nearest funeral home their hearse was coming around a corner & the driver (who I DO know) waved a cheerful "Howdy!" out the window. I mean, its always nice to be acknowledged, but...

- I've decided that the litter problem in my neighborhood could be solved in a heartbeat if the local convenience stores would offer a $.5 cent refund for each chip bag (potato, tortilla, Cheeto, etc) that is turned back in to the stores. Just between my house and my office I could have made over 30 cents-- and that's without spending a penny of my own! If the slobs who leave their crap all over the sidewalks thought they could be making money from their trash, there would be riots in the streets, with crack ho's & hustlers scrapping over the Frito bags in the gutters...

- Once again last night, I was awakened by angry shouts echoing against the front of my house. I couldn't make out the exact words, but it was clearly a woman & she was PISSED!!!! I walked to my bedroom window (which faces the alley) and saw a man (unknown to me) standing at the top of the alley, looking towards the street where the donnybrook was unfolding. He was shaking his head and the words, "Stoopid BITCH..." were carried to my ears. By the time I made it to the front hall window, I could hear the approaching police cruisers' engines as they accelerated up the street. In short order, 4 city cruisers & two sheriffs vehicles had blocked the area, and the combatants (a "business" couple who fight as often as the wind blows) were being questioned separately. The cops must not have kept the man, because I just passed him on my return to work-- he nodded hello, like we were old friends. This same man, who was arrested a year ago while a passenger in a stolen vehicle, who attempted to hide his "stash" in a dirty diaper-- NOTE: This doesn't work-- the drugs dogs will still find your shit... literally. No, he is not my friend, just in case there was any lingering doubt.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What an eventful life you lead!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Melonie said...

YOu should right a book!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Laura ** hugs **
I hate people who just drop thier crap anywhere I always try and find a bin or take it home with me..
I think it's time for you to get upgraded glazing fitted so you don't hear as much - that and sound proofing :D either that or put "Rambo" outside your house :P

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

"you’ve been Christmas tagged!" now go read my Blog
http://gophers-spot.blogspot.com/2006/12/darn-it-ive-just-been-tagged.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home