Thursday, October 12, 2006

Solidarity Forever

I am numb.

Not simply because I spent the last 4 hours standing along our riverfront, helping to oversee the dedication of the Walter Reuther statue (W. was born here, and was pivotal in the UAW & other Union movements). The dedication was very moving, went off with a single noteworthy hitch, and I am looking forward to joining several hundred grateful United Auto Worker members for drinks (and dinner) then more drinks. Did I mention there will be drinking going on?

The main problem was that the local temperature dropped into the high 30's (F) this morning, and the wind whipping off the river was colder than a witches badoogas (and that's pretty damn COLD). Every third word I've typed here had typos-- my fingers are frozen into chapped, bluish claws & my nose will NOT stop running (even though I've been inside for almost an hour).

I have to run off to attend to other "important" event-related ca-ca, otherwise I would sit & regale you with the rest of the wonderful things going on in life that contribute to my numbness-- nothing desperate, just the usual crap that illustrates the pages of my life book.

Now go read the article: http://www.news-register.net/articles.asp?articleID=11348

6 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

** hugs **
I'll come around later with some warm for you to eat, You won't need to do a thing, IF only I could I really would..
I'd even bring some beer too.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

Audrey mentioned it was a bit CHILLY out there! Just think all that drinkin will warm you up.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

I so want to comment something inappropriate, but it is enough that you know I am thinking it!!!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Well? How was the drinkin'?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

hot wine is good on days like that.
I hate the cold. Now's the time to move South!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hmmm... move south... I think I resemble that remark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home