Monday, October 16, 2006

In Vino Veritas



It would seem that a portion of my broad readership wanted to hear how my most recent bacchanal went last Thursday...
Ahead are my conclusions / findings.

1) Union members prefer (at least publicly) to drink beer that is Union made / supported. In LARGE QUANTITIES. Hence, the Miller Light and Budweiser products were flowing like water.

2) Hennessy (see above) is from THE DEVIL. Consumed straight, it burns like Satan's own fires. Consumed with cola ("pouring ONLY in a clockwise direction" I was told) it goes down with alarming speed and smoothness. The smoothness is short-lived.

3) It is easy to fool intoxicated party-goers that you know how to pick a "good" cigar vs. one of its less-worthy bretheren-- I was universally congratulated for the cigar I selected. If only they knew I picked it for the purdy wrapper band and the nifty glass vial... which I left behind.

4) You never know WHERE you are going to find someone famous. One of the UAW folks mentioned that John Ratzenberger was staying at the hotel & had invited him to drop in on the Hospitality Suite. I doubted that it was likely to happen, but who but myself should be standing by the door a while later when there was a knocking-- I cracked the door open and cleverly (I thought) said "What's the password?" in a raspy stage whisper. "Is this the UAW party?" "Yes it is," says I, "right this way!" It wasn't until someone drunkenly bellowed "Hey-- It's Cliff Clavin!" Did I realize who I had let in the room. Ahhh, yet one of many proud moments that night. But I got to have my picture taken with him, so whenever I get that e-mailed to me I'll post it here to share.

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Melonie said...

You are the devil!!! Do you know how difficult it is for me not to comment on your evening?! I have funny inside information and cannot use it on the blog--it is killing me!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Now I have to call Melonie to get the funny inside information!

You met Cliff Clavin? Cool!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Laura, sounds like you had a BLAST!
Your right it is the devil that stuff, as for "cola" sheesh.. Saying no more.
Melonie I have to call as well even if it's just to get the skinny on what went on :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home