Monday, September 25, 2006

You Know You're Successful When...


...even the local drug dealers notice you're losing weight.

Two weeks ago, one of the "locals" saw me sitting on my porch reading the paper & called out, "Hey, Skinny-- lookin' good!" And a few days ago, the Hacking Hooker (see earlier posts) saw me coming home from my walk and said, "Boy, were you out walking a-GAIN?? You're gonna waste away!" This being an ironic statement for 2 reasons: 1) I'm about 100lbs from stick-figure status, and 2) she's the one who should be worried about wasting away-- she weighs about 50-60 lbs less than she did 1 year+ ago when I first started seeing her "work" the neighborhood. Still haven't decided whether it's the lifestyle or her cough that's rendered her slim. Don't really want to know either...

5 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Melonie says that you look GREAT! I wish I had your willpower.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Stick figure shape don't look good on some people, some people just look good ;).
I think it's probably "both".
I want the willpower to put ON some poundage but I guess Im gonna have to slow my metabolism down or something.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

You look FABULOUS! You looked FABULOUS months/years ago, but now you look thin and FABULOUS!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

i'm working on it. I wanna look fabulous too! ha ha

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

Where is the new post I was promised?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home