Monday, September 12, 2005

Who Says the Irish Lack a Sense of Humor?

This came off of Irish television

I couldn't help myself. I do try to remain a-political for the most part, simply because I respect the right to freedom of speech, expression & all that business. But regardless of your partisan persuasion, you have to admit that this is pretty damn hysterical. So I just wanted to send a great big sloppy American kiss to the caption writer who scored this one. Even if he got sacked after his supervisors caught the gaff, it would have been so-o-o-o-o worth it to be able to say you'd pulled it off...

Only thing funnier was the newspaper headline I saw during last year's presidential campaign. The candidates were on the baby-kissing tour, and both were scheduled to visit the local area. The headline boldly announced, "Citizens Eagerly Await Bush's Arrival Saturday Night."

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Well I always knew da irish had a sense of the humourous type ya know...
I mean who else could tell the joke "how many lightbulbs does it take to change an irishman" and get away with it..
Yeah and newspapers / news headlines can be so funny sometimes

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Melonie said...

Sense of humor? I thought that this just indicated their intelligence :)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Melonie said...

Have I ever mentioned that my ancestory is comprised of a large number of Irish people?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home