Friday, August 26, 2005

Another Proud Moment

**This was a comment I made on my last post, but after I read it I realized that maybe I needed to expand the commentary and express my sentiments a bit more visibly. Ahem...

Another proud moment. I think my Blog virginity just went flying out the window... The shameless self - promotion angle of going to other folks blogs and leaving comments in an attempt to sell stuff is sad, my friends. I've seen it done on other Blogs, but this was my "first time"...

I could understand if my Blog was titled "Fat Chicks Unite" or "Holy Rollers Unite"-- then I could see Blog-retailers stumbling onto me and trying to proselytize based on a key-word search. Even if the subject of this post was remotely related to either subject, I would understand the hit. But I'm at a loss to see how these folks found there way to ME and decided I was a ripe candidate for their subject material. Stab in the dark? Educated guess? Psychic vibrations? I dunno...

FYI: I knew when I used the word "Queen" in the name I'd probably have folks strolling by who searched on that word alone. That's all good- Queens of all descriptions are welcome. If you still want to read on after you get here, even better!

And sure, I've visited other sites that I thought were well-written and vainly wanted to leave a message so that the brilliant writer would want to wander back to read MY brilliant ramblings.

But I didn't.

My apologies if the comments were left in earnest, but my finely-honed B.S.-meter spiked and I felt I should make my feelings known (this being my own blog and everything). In all honesty I've Blog-hopped to some pretty off-the-wall Blogs thanks to reading some unknown's comment-- both good & scary sites. Some I've ended up bookmarking and revisiting regularly. Several left me wishing there was mental Lysol that I could use to erase certain imagery from my mind's eye. Same thing might have happened in the case of the posters I'm referencing. Maybe the weight-loss pill guy did a search for "Bloggers over 30"-- Lord knows, women tend to start picking up poundage around that age and might be keenly interested in his product.

6 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Right On Sista, you tell 'em :D
To da fat biatch leaving the comment, get a life we all got google and it's easy to use all you do is type http://www.google.com/ and well the site comes up even easier if you got the google toolbar for IE (if your still using the non-spyware proofed poc) or do as I do, hit CTRL+T and then click in the google box in the toolbar beside the address bar and wow instant find, gotta love FIREFOX.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Amazing... Blog-Spam comments on my Blog entry about Blog-Spam.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

Do as I have enable a few things, or get haloscan, I'm thinking of switching off them commenting and transfering it all to haloscan..

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

You have 2 blog spam comments--I am unable to email either one but was able to comment on administrator's site. I know I know I will now be awash in spam!

People can ruin a good thing in a minute I swear!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

I swear people are asses! Posting spam on a post about spam commments! I tried to email both but was unable I did however comment on the administrator's site. I am sure I will be awash in spam comments all week, but will survive!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Wirthy said...

If you turn on Word Verification for your comments, you won't get any comment spam.

My blog got hit with spam pretty bad a few days ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home