Friday, August 05, 2005

Quiz Du Jour - Confessions

I saw this on Sharon's site. The instructions were to check off all the things you've done. I was suprised at how many I'd done. Well, maybe suprised is not... quite... accurate ~

(X) smoked a cigarette.
( ) crashed a friend's car
( ) stolen a car
(X) been in love
(X) been dumped.

(X) been fired. Actually, when I went to the boss to give notice that I was quitting she said, "Oh GOOD... I've been meaning to have a talk with you..."
( ) been in a fist fight
(X) snuck out of your parents' house Didn't go far, but did it anyway.
(X) had feelings for someone who didn't have them back. *sigh*
( ) been arrested

( ) gone on a blind date
(X) lied to a friend
( ) skipped school
(/) seen someone die All but the final moment... I'd been with Dad round the clock, left the room to make a phone-call, and he died while I was away.
(X) gone sledding

(X) been to Canada Beautiful country-- very clean.
( ) been to Mexico
(X) been on a plane
( ) purposely set a part of yourself on fire. Um, no.
(X ) eaten sushi. I like certain kinds, usually with wasabi or ginger or somesuch on it.

( ) been skiing.
(X) met someone from the internet Nice guy-- personality of a sack of gravel, but nice.
(X) been at a concert
(X) taken painkillers Better living through pharmaceuticals, right?
(X) love someone or miss someone right now

(X) laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by
(X) made a snow angel Thanks for the memory...
(X) had a tea party
(X) flown a kite
(X) built a sand castle

(X) gone puddle jumping.
(X) played dress up
(X) jumped into a pile of leaves
(X) cheated while playing a game
(X) been lonely

(X) fallen asleep at work/school
( ) used a fake ID Sadly, I looked old for my age and never needed one UNTIL I was 21!
(X) watched the sun set
( ) felt an earthquake Missed it... I was sleeping at school and didn't feel it...
(X) slept beneath the stars. In between watching a sunset (see above), then a sunrise (see below)

(X) been tickled. REPEATEDLY
(X) been robbed. Bastards stole my gymbag out of my car. Took $250+ to replace the contents.
(X) been misunderstood. ALL-TOO-FREQUENTLY
(X) petted a reindeer/goat/kangaroo I actually got to milk a goat
(rather disturbing sensation for a child).
(X) won a contest. Don't ask-- I hate to brag ;-)

(X) run a red light/stop sign. Yes, but not on purpose. At least that's what I told the officer.
( ) been suspended from school
(X) been in a car crash One major, one minor. Passenger both times.
(X) had braces

(X) felt like an outcast/third person I'm the 3rd wheel Queen
(X) eaten a whole pint! of ice cream in one night Oddly yes, though I rarely eat the stuff
(X) had deja vu.
( ) danced in the moonlight Someday...
(X) liked the way you looked Right up until I saw pictures of the moment and thought, "Holy (@*&^#... and I thought I looked GOOD that day???"

(X) witnessed a crime Robbery, petty theft, hit-and-run... not simultaneously though
( ) been obsessed with post-it notes briefly... not enough to say YES
( ) gone doorbell ditching I was too clumsy to make a clean getaway, so I didn't try
(X) believe in ghosts I've had enough supernatural run-ins to not doubt
(X) found a stray animal and kept it Yes, & two years later we're still together

(X) squished barefoot through the mud
(X) been lost While I was squishing barefoot in the mud
(X) been on the opposite side of the country
(X) swam in the ocean
(X) felt like dying Two words: FOOD POISONING

(X) cried yourself to sleep
(X) played cops and robbers
(X) recently colored with crayons
(X) sung karaoke
(X) paid for a meal with only coins God love that waitress... she understood we were all poor, broke college students drinking endless cups of coffee all night at Denny's to have somewhere to loaf besides our dorm rooms.

(X) done something you told yourself you wouldn't . See comment above about "strays"
(X) made prank phone calls. Less than satisfying (hey Sharon-- I called PBS too! Those damn pledge breaks really ticked me off; I also called the MDA telethon 'cause there was a hottie answering calls and I wanted to get HIM to answer).
(X) laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
two more words: HOT CHOCOLATE
(X) caught a snowflake on your tongue

(X) written a letter to Santa Claus. Boy was I sucker
( ) been kissed under the mistletoe. Keeping my fingers crossed
( ) watched the sun rise with someone you care about
Only he didn't know I cared. Pity.
(X) blown bubbles
( ) made a bonfire on the beach

(X) crashed a party. Story of my life every weekend Senior year
(X) gone rollerskating.
(X) had a wish come true
( ) jumped off a bridge
( ) ate dog/cat food. Do dog biscuits (on a dare) count??

(X) told a complete stranger you loved them He found the wallet I'd dropped, then wouldn't take a token of thanks.
(X) kissed a mirror. In lieu of someone else... a girl's gotta practice, right?
(X) sang in the shower.
(X) had a dream that you married someone. YES. And it was always someone I didn't know / like / or who wasn't available. Basically they were nightmares.
( ) glued your hand to something.

( ) kissed a fish. ????
(X) sat on a roof top. Just yesterday, in fact. But I left my rifle on the gunrack.
(X) screamed at the top of your lungs. Primal scream therapy RULES
( ) done a one-handed cartwheel. I could barely do two-handers.
( ) talked on the phone for more than 5 hours.

(X) stayed up all night
(X) picked and ate an apple right off the tree. Wormy & bitter
(X) climbed a tree
( ) had a tree house
(X) scared to watch a scary movie alone. I HAVE done it, but I was scared shitless.

( ) have more than 30 pairs of shoes.
(X) worn a really ugly outfit to school. Do 12 years of parochial school uniforms count?
(X) pushed into a pool/hot tub with all your clothes on. **hangs head in shame and twiddles thumbs**
( ) gone streaking
(X) gone skinny dipping in a pool/hot tub. Just last night, in fact. (see my next post)

(X) told you're hot by a complete stranger
(X) broken a bone. several digits & my foot (another dumb story for times to come)
(X) been easily amused.
( ) caught a fish then ate it. Caught one, didn't eat it
(X) caught a butterfly.

(X) laughed so hard you cried
(X) cried so hard you laughed
(X) cheated on a test And got caught. Helps to not drop your crib notes on the floor as the teacher walks by :-(
(X) forgotten someone's name I'm HORRID with names
(X) french braided someone's hair. Others and my own (when it's long enough). I'll be pleased to teach you when we meet, Sharon!

(X) loved someone so much you would gladly die for them.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hmm honest answers laura, hmm I seen this on sharon's blog too but some of those ain't applicable to me (oh wait they are darn it, me guesses one will have to put it on ones blog now)
But I'll Make it look good ;)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

You are so braiding my hair when I meet you.

I love your answers. So funny!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Melonie said...

Wait a minute braiding Sharon's hair? Did I miss a question somewhere?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home