Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Can You Tell Me How to Get...

um.. ok. I guess I don't need to know after all... (I always knew those Sesame Street dudes weren't as sweet as we thought.)

Seems some more of Wahwer's emotional innocence has been thrown under the bus. I've been in a bit of a funk lately over the rank deception that people commit when they say one thing in public but act another way when they think they're out of the spotlight.

I get so tired of people putting on pleasant, smarmy faces for the world, trying to fool the public into thinking that they're at the foot of the cross. In reality, they are nothing but whited sepulchers. Bastards. I have no use for people who want to perpetrate the myth that they are loving, generous, self-sacrificing and benevolent, when all evidence supports the contrary.

I simply don't have the energy to maintain a false front. I barely have the strength to be real and stick to my own path. How do people do it? I'm lucky to go to work, meet my obligations, help my family & try to have some semblance of a life. Where do these socio-paths find the drive to live what amounts to a double life? The Enquirer, the Insider, all those scandal shows and magazines-- their stock in trade is touting the "shocking" stories of people who maintain separate lives apart from their acknowledged spouses / families. The sad truth is that these stories exist all around us and aren't really that unusual at all...

The Flip Side: Even while I would like to assume a place on the moral highground, it seems to be human nature that we frail creatures are born to deceive. I was chatting with my mom the other day, and she passed along a compliment that a friend had given her about me. "She said you were the nicest, sweetest girl..." Then she went on to say that people were telling her all the time how much they like / love me and how delightful I am. Then she turned and said smoothly, "How'd you manage to fool so many of them?"

In passing: Whenever I run spellcheck on an entry pre-post, and I have spoken self referentially, it offers the word "whore's" as a substitute for "Wahwer's." Coincidence? I wonder. This Blogging has a whore's allure at times... I dangle my personal thoughts and emotions out on the internet, partly to satisfy my inner exhibitionist & partly to elicit comments from virtual strangers, with only feedback as payment for my efforts.

Oh dear.. this thread could go in a whole different direction than the one I thought to tackle today. Remind me to come back to my harlot tendencies on a different day.

6 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

Tell Board Butt to piss off!

Moms cannot help snide comments I swear it is their job to cause us grief.

I love you and always will be the same in private to you are I am in public.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Danke, dearie...

At least I got one back on Mom at the time-- I told her "I learned my skills from the master!"

She had the dignity to stifle her reply and "harrumph!" in response. She knew she was the pot calling the kettle black, but she didn't like her nose poked in it ;-)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hey Girl, you tell 'em hmm yeah I use that one too sometime normally at my sister, I just say "well I learned off the best" and well that's that..
Hey anyways where is my peanuts!*pouts*

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I was trying frantically to post you Circus Peanuts post on the BW Trailer Park for Monday, but Chase has yet to send my my posting access code (or whatever).-(

And since you didn't send your mailing address (per request), I couldn't even air-mail any over the Pond.

Hold your breath-- here it comes...

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I guess yo accomplished your blogging goal because I am a virtual stranger and I am commenting on your post. I see you at Melonie's and Sharon's all the time. Wanted to say hello.

I have always been perplexed when others are able to leave double lives,too. I barely have the energy to survive one life! What you see is what you get with me.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I've made my e-mail address visible on my profile, but I don't have an address for Chase to get my addy TO him... Hence the conundrum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home