Thursday, September 22, 2005

What a Day This Has Been...

...what a RARE mood I'm in... why it's-- almost the time to GO HOME ~

The day started on an interesting note, when I got flipped the bird by a total stranger as he made a quick left turn across the intersection I was approaching.

I got to the office on time, but the boss chose today to rip the receptionist a new rectum because of her chronic tardiness & other crimes (and we had to listen in).

We had a steady stream of morons and miscreants appearing all morning, including a weird woman who had been trying to get our office to "receive" a UPS package for her (LONG story).

When I ran home at lunchtime, I found an overdraft notice from my bank. Shit.

But then when I got back to work I received a lovely bouquet of roses and irises from my dear friends from Seattle, and the afternoon brought a chocolate cake and prezzies from my co-workers.

I'm spent, and glad I get to take tomorrow off to celebrate my actual birthday. I may just have to start the celebrating tonight, just to get in practice :-)

4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

First let me say Happy Birthday a day early. You are out having fun as we speak and I am here being jealous. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. I will catch you in the evening.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Happy Birthday Laura :)
hmm now oh dear dangerous thoughts run through my head..
i'd be checking the e-mail some time soon.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! You deserve it after Thursday!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

happy birthday, though I got here late...I hope it was fantastic!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home