Thursday, May 25, 2006

Let a Girl Gloat, OK?


Got the lovely form letter from my doctor today telling me I am the picture of health (if only she knew ;-)

Cholesterol: 148
HDL - 48
LDL - 74
Triglyceride: 134

I guess the next time I want to bitch and moan about anything else in my life that resembles "bad" I need to remember that my numbers are GOOOOOOOOD!

NOTE: I don't know why I should be surprised... I spent Monday evening helping my grandmother (Mom's mom) celebrate her 94th birthday for goodness sakes... Her older brother made it to 92, and her "baby" brother is 90.(It's my dad's side that all went skidding into the grave, 95 miles an hour with a cigarette in one hand, a beer in the other, a lampshade on their head and nothing much else on the rest of their burnt out bodies).

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

I've no idea what those numbers mean but I think they look good.
Woot 94th Birthday eh, got a great-aunt who's 97 don't ya know, getting on a bit now but still as fiesty as ever..:)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Willow said...

Your numbers are AWESOME! Mine weren't so bad at last check, but my triglycerides were HORRID.

YOu can find that awesome stuff anywhere you can buy Kiss My Face products. I bought it online at drugstore.com. Here's the link.
KMF Moisturizer

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Heather said...

If you get your LDL above 60, you will reduce your risk of heart attack significantly. :-)

But, you're right. The numbers are pretty good.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I meant your HDL above 60. Not your LDL. Sorry 'bout that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home