Friday, July 08, 2005

The Pre-e-e-e-e-ecious

For those of you who wondered WTF ever happened to Jimmy Hoffa, the truth can now be told... All this time he's been wedged in under the keys of my PC keyboard.

Along with a stray pastrami sandwich, three pounds of dust ("someone's either coming or going under there!"), assorted crumbs (too many damn work-through-lunch-at-the-desk moments, I guess), and one odd bit of tin-foil gum wrapper type material that I've decided to dub "The Precious."

Earlier this morning I let my OCD take over while I used the canned spray air, Oxy Clean spray and Q-Tips on my keyboard. This mania of cleansing was inspired after spotting The Precious bobbling around just between Shift and Cap Lock. I started out simply tilting the keyboard and blowing-- no luck. So I grabbed the Air and started hosing down the crevices. T.P. just laughed and skittered over towards the space bar. I thought I would be wily and distract it by getting out the Oxy spray and swabs. No dice. It's peering up at me this very moment, taunting me just out of reach.

For now, I'm just going to encourage peaceful coexistence. And when it least expects me, I WILL STRIKE.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I once found a hairball of dust under my buffet mixed with a few dead bugs! (Imagine my horror!!!)
I decided to name it Herbie because sometimes you just have to keep your humor with these things right?
Good luck getting the precious! ha ha

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

You're so funny! :)

I need to get some of that canned spray air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home