Friday, October 31, 2008

That to Which I Have Been Up ~


For those who have wondered what all I've been up to since my last post, in addition to the usual work grind and the added dimension of grant seeking, I've also been helping to prepare for a women's conference (read about it here)

Overall it was a success. For women who might have attended conferences in larger markets (i.e. "the big city") where you're not coping with FREE meeting space (and the associated suck-it-up-this-is-as-good-as-it-gets-ness), you had professional meeting planners (which we're not), and a budget (PERIOD), it might have seemed provincial. But the end result was a fun (if hectic) day, and so far we've received predominantly positive feedback from attendees. Yay us!

For now, I'm still nursing sore feet from running around 12 straight hours, but I wanted to update my reader(ship) about my whereabouts. Fear not-- Laura's always near, just not always able to blog at will ~

1 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

Darn it girl, shame I'm not closer I'd have had warm water ready to soak them feet in, as well as some hands to remove the knots in your shoulders.. Still as cute as ever I see ;)...
Unfortunatly I think you've proven you don't need a budget of sorts but then again you could say well I would have done 'this' "IF I had some kind of a budget!"

** hugs **

 

Post a Comment

<< Home