Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Restless Wind & Itchy Fingers


Call it the first blush of autumn color, or the first ragged (still learning) vee of geese I saw fly overhead last evening, but something is afoot in your favorite girl blogger's field of vision-- have no doubt.

It might be the waft of school supplies drifting through the air, or the sentimental song of seasons changing with time & tide.

Who knows? What I do know is that its been ages since I felt this kind of stir in my veins. Something's coming (cues West Side Story soundtrack, for good measure), and it defies identification. Whatever the name of this particular muse, its elusive. Light footed, clever-- s/he's calling me to toss aside the everyday & begging me to throw one last big Oooh La La festivus before the summer draws to a close.

How can I do otherwise?

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

sounds like a great idea. i smell it here too.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there are going to be feats of strength and the airing of grievances, I am so there.

Hell, I'd be there even if there was just dip.

I was walking the dog tonight (which is euphemistic of nothing, I was actually walking our four legged pet) and thinking that I could smell the first whiff of autunm in the air. Summer's last stand is my favorite time of year...

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hmm it's the librain in you, that ying / yang, left / right balancing act that's telling you've been working like a dog now go have some fun like a dog...
Now where did I put that nice shiny stick :P

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Barb Black said...

Oh, Darlin'... you are feelin' the call o' the wild, the stirrings of the gypsy spirit (I knows a kindred when I sees one!)... run with it. Ride with it. Let it take you where it will.

BTW, Autumn always does that to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home