Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Surrender

Ever feel like flinging your robotic arms up in the air and giving up?



Like you cannot put up with one... more... IDIOT making you crazy?


Does it feel like you're living on the corner of Compromise & Give In?


"If you love me, you'll do ______ for me..."

Like EVERYONE around you expects you to roll over & do their will?

Is this the message that pounds in your brain
(even though you've learned otherwise)?../MISC/legume/Sister-Agony.jpg

Then fear not.
You're in the same darn boat as everyone else on this mortal coil.
You just have to remember these important words
(cue the Mutual of Omaha-style background music):

Nuts to the squirrels

& squirrels to the nuts!


You can't control what gets thrown at you, it all happens for a reason
(I've given up trying to reason out killer tsunami's and hurricanes).
Crazy folk are gonna keep on bein' crazy
whether we play their games or not.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger, right?

7 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Why do I get the feeling you're having a bad day? ;)

Hang tough, girl. Tomorrow's Friday.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hmm Im saying nuthing... Hmm Yer Nuts :P and YOU knows it..

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Basically this was a sort of "Memorandum of Understanding." It's so hard to let go of the idea that we can change people, and that if we "play along" with crazy people things will work.

They don't, and I thought I could help other folks who are also dealing with the insane to accept the unchangeable.
:-)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I find that being crazier than the crazy works for me.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

I ask for one favor in the name of love and you write a I Surrender Post? Dealing with my crazy husband finally drove you over the edge didn't it?

I apologize. I promise to be a good friend in the future.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Mel, Mel, Mel... it's ALL about you, right?? Nah, you know I loves yer brand o' crazy. I was more thinking about unstable former neighbors and metnally unwell co-workers who chronically drive me to distraction.

But I DID think you'd like the Bender picture, of Futurama queen ~

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Melonie said...

I loved the Bender picture, how about an Inuyasha picture?

Crazy ex-neighbors that you still speak to, by the way.

Co-workers that will no longer exist after the new year.

Life will be good in less than 60 days. . .I promise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home