Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Reincarnation

I've decided that this temporary lack of computer / internet access is in fact someone's way of saying, "Wahwer-- take these forty days of Lent as a time to reflect." In church we were taught that the season of Lent is much like a spiritual desert-- a time to prepare yourself for Christ's death and resurrection, a time to reflect (and repent) for the sins of the past year and get yourself ready to begin anew. We believe that this renewal can be found through introspection, personal inventory, self-sacrifice and a willingness to live a better, more gratitude-driven life.

Um... did I just wax Catholic on ya? Lo siento mucho...

In an effort to follow the preceding path of redemption, I decided to visit the following link in an effort to find out who I really am...

REINCARNATION

Yes, this basically means I am promoting a theory that the Pope does not endorse. But in my scientific mind (long at war with my religious training and the dogma therein) really likes the idea that we were all "someone else, somewhere else" before our present manifestation. How else can we explain those bits of knowledge and understanding that cannot be validated by experience or training in this life? And who wants to believe that, once we die, we spend our eternity loafing around Heaven re-stringing harps and fluffing clouds? Mind you, I can think of lots of other ways less preferable to wait out the Endtime... But being the co-dependent person I am, I find it hard to imagine that once I die I will never again get to help another human being- EVER.

My results were the following:

Your past life diagnosis:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.

You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Scotland around the year 1475.

Your profession was that of an artist, a magician or fortune teller.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

Some who know me would say this was spot-on accurate-- I've always had as many male friends (if not more) than female, I'm an artist (of sorts), and I am driven to help. Anyone who also knows me knows that I've been itching to get to Scotland FOR YEARS... Pining for the homeland, eh? All this time I thought it was just because my last name is Stewart. Who knew?

Thanks to Moogie for posting this :-)

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hmm interesting for sure..
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Hungary around the year 800.
Your profession was that of a map maker, astrologer, astronomer.Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your main lesson is to develop magnanimity and a feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to take only as much, as you can give back. Do you remember now?
Well it kinda fits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home